[Techtalk] iostream.h question (C++)

alice RobinHood42 at clickta.com
Sat Dec 13 14:45:32 EST 2003

When I compile anything with:

#include <iostream.h>

I get the following message:

/usr/include/g++/backward/backward_warning.h:32:2: warning: #warning This file
includes at least one deprecated or antiquated header. Please consider using
one of the 32 headers found in section 17.4.1.2 of the C++ standard. Examples
include substituting the <X> header for the <X.h> header for C++ includes, or
<sstream> instead of the deprecated header <strstream.h>. To disable this
warning use -Wno-deprecated.

Everything compiles okay, but I was wondering what I should include instead of
<iostream.h> so as to not get this message.

Also where abouts on the internet is the C++ standard kept?