[Techtalk] samba problem

Rudy L. Zijlstra rudy at edsons.demon.nl
Tue Dec 2 00:58:49 EST 2003

Chantal,

yet the behaviour you are seeing is an authorization problem.

Either the password is wrong, or the password is compared to the wrong
master, or samba is incapable of verifying the password.
One of the things to check is whether you have a unix account. It must
exist for all security levels except share.
You may want to look into this.
Also taking out a network sniffer and checking whether the not-working
samba server is communicating with the win2k domain server would help.
Another option is to increase the debug (log) level in smb.conf and
taking a good look at the resulting log file. I've had good results
using log level to hunt down problems.

Good luck,

Rudy

Chantal Rosmuller wrote:

>Hi Rudy
>
>the password server=dc01
>I added it to /etc/hosts so I'm sure it can find it.
>and yes you are right I am running redhat 9.0

[big snip]