[Techtalk] differential backups...

Walt pippin at freeshell.org
Mon Aug 25 13:01:29 EST 2003

James (jas at spamcop.net) wrote:

>rsync is probably the tool you're after. Set up an rsync server on one
>machine
>(probably the IDE one), then run rsync as a client on the other machine.
>
>http://samba.anu.edu.au/rsync/
>
>Your situation is, AFAICS, exactly the scenario described on the Examples
>page
>of that site?

Not quite, since the ide and scsi raids are in the
same physical box, but still, this idea might work.

I can just set it up as a rsync server and sync
from one location to another, possibly...?

Thanks for info!
Walt

-~

     Force rules the world--not opinion; but is opinion that
     makes use of force.
                         Blaise Pascal