[Techtalk] running windows apps via network?

Bud bud at babytux.org
Thu Aug 21 14:04:57 EST 2003

Hi Ash,

 VNC is one way to go about it as may have mentioned but I think its actually
trasferring the video memory (using compression) back and forth between the
vncserver and client. What would be cool is if we can actually get the
messages that windows sends to update the screen (like in the case of X
server).

 1 way is to use the Windows terminal server service which I guess would do
this. There is a client written for the windows terminal server but I havent
tried it out since you still need windows terminal server which isnt free --
unless there is an opensource version of that too.

 Check out

http://www.linuxgazette.com/issue93/levkovich.html

 for some info on this.

Bud