[Techtalk] RE: MBR & XP

Carlo Hamalainen ch at uqconnect.net
Wed Aug 20 08:43:15 EST 2003

On Mon, Aug 18, 2003 at 10:02:02PM -0700, - - wrote:
> >I should be asking about mounting NTFS also.
>
> Yes, could you advice me? Is it possible not to have an additional partition,
> like Carlo said in the other email? I have boot/swap/root partitions for
> RedHat. I am using RH9.

Just to clarify for the list (it was a private email):

I said that NTFS write support is experimental still, but it's easy to
have a small, say 100Mb partition, that is FAT32 that both XP and Linux
can read+write. It's what I do.

It seems that a new NTFS driver is in the works, but write support isn't
there yet: http://linux-ntfs.sourceforge.net/status.html

Is there a better solution, short of using another computer to plonk
files onto for the transfer?

-- Carlo