[Techtalk] RE: MBR & XP

- - mqa2d at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 18 06:19:31 EST 2003

Hi,

Sorry to bother you again.

I just got my reformat done. And am going to reinstall the RedHat. But I am not sure where to install the bootloader: I have a boot partition and using GRUB. The 1st time I installed the bootloader into the 1st sector of the boot partition. But it didn't work. The 2nd time I installed the bootloader into the MBR. But many people said that XP gets very upset to see other OS's bootloader. Althought it seemed to be working(in terms of I can boot into both XP and RedHat), I couldn't mount the NTFS by recompiling the kernel.

Where should I install the bootloader? Please advice.

Thanks very much

MQA