[Techtalk] RE: MBR & XP

Jacqueline koekjes_trommel at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 12 07:41:54 EST 2003

Hi MQA,
the boot.ini is a hidden, read only protected system file in the root of
your primary active partition (normally c:\). You'll need to modify your
folder options to get to see those (in Windows Explorer -> Tools -> Folder
Options -> View ).

It is something like this:
[boot loader]
timeout=30
[operating systems]
Professional" /fastdetect

And the "rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS" means: XP boots from the first
partition on the first harddisk (in Linux it would be 'hda')

If you need any more help please let me know!

Regards, Jacqueline