[Techtalk] php scripting...

Diggy Bell diggy at dbsoftdev.com
Mon Sep 30 08:53:02 EST 2002

Walt,

There is a PHP function 'mail()' that can be used to send mail from your PHP
script.  After you have processed the file, consider the following steps:

1. Construct a string containing the message and any form/submission
variables that you want.  For example:

//
// Assume you have created these global vars...
//
global $ipaddr, $filename;

$hostname = gethostbyaddr($ipaddr); // try to get the hostname if you can

$string = "Uploaded file ($filename) from from $hostname [$ipaddr]";

//
// mail(to, subject, message, [headers, parameters]);
//
mail("myself at mydomain.com", "File Upload Notice", $string, "From:
notify at mydomain.com\r\n");

For all the details on mail(), check here:
http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.mail.php

William D. 'Diggy' Bell
Principal
DB Software Development