[Techtalk] Over-zealous spam filtering (by Raven's ISP?)

Whoppo whoppo at whoppo.net
Mon Sep 23 12:05:37 EST 2002

Alright.. I sent a reply regarding this earlier today, but I think I just
replied to James rather than the list.. so here we go again:

This thread needs to end. The "vocal subset" of this list wins. (YAY for you!)
Our spam policy sucks.. but it is OUR policy. We have tried other options and
they are not nearly as effective as what we're doing now.. so it's just not
likely to change..  Please get past this and continue with your lives!
I *may* even concede just a little and replace the phrase "sh*t-list" with
something more appropriate.. but bear in mind that what I consider to be more
appropriate is MY call..  not yours.

As for Raven leaving the list: I don't blame her. She joined this list a LONG
time ago to help promote T-E-C-H-N-I-C-A-L discussions.. not to be judged by
the way we handle spam... not to be told how to admin our own systems. What
we do with our systems is simply none of your business. This particular
incident is not the only reason she's unsubscribed herself.. there are
others, but she isn't about to waste everyones bandwidth with the details as
it would probably be fruitless, and much like this thread... OFF TOPIC.

So.. is there any reason to beat this dead horse any more? Anyone?  No?  well
good... give it a rest... please.

We wish you all the best, and worry not, we'll be most cautious to not allow
that "proverbial door" hit us on the way out.

Ron
--
If you lived here, you'd be home now.