[Techtalk] problems with gnome-terminal

Jeff Waugh jdub at perkypants.org
Sun Sep 22 15:35:32 EST 2002

<quote who="Erin Raasch">

> I really like the gnome desktop, but I seem to be cursed with problems no
> matter where I go.

Not too sure about the errors, but I can point you in the direction of
gnome-list at gnome.org. You may find your answer there a bit faster.

When it comes to finding a good GNOME experience, it sounds like you're
looking in perhaps the worst possible places (Slackware, SuSE [1]). :-) I'd
recommend Red Hat, Mandrake and Debian if you'd like a sweet, battle
hardened GNOME desktop.

- Jeff

[1] SuSE *knows* KDE, not so good with GNOME.

--
     "I think a lot of the basis of the open source movement comes from
                procrastinating students." - Andrew Tridgell