[Techtalk] DSL modem

Davis, Jennifer JDavis at JUSTICE.GC.CA
Mon Sep 16 10:09:59 EST 2002

Glen Strom wrote:
I'm using an Alcatel Speed Touch. No problems with it, and I've yet to hear
anyone else complain about it.

I use an Alcatel, I guess Speed Touch and it has been problem free.  When I
lived in Quebec I had the Nortel 1 Meg modem and it seemed fine too.  Both
were running my Bell Sympatico HSE account. (Obvious statement and possible
tangent coming up) I wonder if a lot of problems people experience with
connections are the fault of the provider (ie telephone comanies)...  I do
remember when I did helpdesk work, we had clients in Canada and the US, and
there were some places that the had horrible phone service.  The line
quality was so bad you could hear it in the voice calls the clients made to
us....

jenn