[Techtalk] persistent operamotifwrapper

Erin Raasch eraasch at chorus.net
Sun Sep 15 05:38:40 EST 2002

On several occasions, my system will bog down for no apparent reason - everything runs really, really slow.  When I run top to see what's happening, it shows that a process called operamotifwrapper is using over 90% of my CPU resources.  This occurs even after I've closed out my opera browser.  When I kill the process everything runs fine.

Has anyone seen this, or can anyone tell me why this is happening and whether there is anything I can do to prevent it from happening?

Thanks,

Erin