[Techtalk] netatalking to a G4....

iriXx iriXx at iriXx.org
Thu Sep 12 22:17:59 EST 2002

hiya all...

got a question about netatalk...

i've run it successfully from my desktop to a G3 powerbook before... so
following the same instructions (from a copy of MacUser) which were
simple and worked successfully before, i installed a copy on my laptop
so i could appletalk to a G4 in the office... and it wouldn't work... it
doesnt seem to find the laptop, or a zone or anything...

i seem to remember having similiar problems when i tried the same trick
netatalking to a friend's G4... and wondered if there's any known issues
/ workarounds for G4 tower machines?....

i'm using Mandrake 8.2 and the supplied version of netatalk... got all
the right dependencies for it to work... i can supply details of what i
did to install / configure if needed, but really it was pretty basic,
just installing the program, giving the Mac a login on my linux
machine...

thanx in advance

iriXx
www.iriXx.org

copyleft: creativity, technology and freedom?
info at copyleftmedia.org.uk
www.copyleftmedia.org.uk

 _
( )  ascii ribbon against html email