[Techtalk] easy queston

Andrew showork at adelphia.net
Thu Sep 12 16:20:48 EST 2002

Hi All,

	I have folder now on root, I want to share it fully with a user (actually
it's me). Using the GUI, Mndrk8.0, KDE, I dragged a link to the users
Desktop folder and changed permisions. Somehow the user (me) cannot open it.
	Navigation for me in the C.line is not a problem but I am as yet very
cautious when actually using commands. So, As root/su, intending to
"share" a root file with user (Andrew) I go find the directory in
question(which is in root) and while in it, type....?    Or do I go to
the user space/home, find the link and type..?.
	As user I now get file does not exist, as root no problem.

		Anyone have a preference for spell checkers, I'd like to do one with a
GUI, system wide.

	Thanks in advance,
	Andrew