[Techtalk] thinkpad help!

/dev/null dev_null at iriXx.org
Tue Sep 3 01:17:53 EST 2002

arggh....
everything possible that can go wrong has gone wrong tonight... :-(

tried to follow some guy's instructions who has been helping me try to
get sound happening on my thinkpad 600E

he suggested setting audio irq to 10 and disabling quick boot.

so i did.
had to swap midi to 9 - previously it was audio irq 9, midi irq 10.

rebooted.

now i can't get anything happening in linux - no sound, but also no
modem!!!!!!!!!!! it wont load - complains of device conflict with irq 3
- which it never worried about before!!!!!!!

i re-enabled quick boot, set everything back the way it was...

but its still stuck with the same problems :-((((

please, anyone... help!!!

all the work for my book is in my linux partition, and im stuck with web
access only in my windoze partition at the moment... which makes life
really difficult for working :-(((... makes me think maybe i really
shouldnt have been trying to fiddle with sound on this machine in the
first place....

a rather discouraged m...

--
iriXx
www.iriXx.org

copyleft: creativity, technology and freedom?
info at copyleftmedia.org.uk
www.copyleftmedia.org.uk

  _
( )  ascii ribbon against html email