[Techtalk] setting dhcp after installing/old hub

Patricia Gaughen gone at us.ibm.com
Tue Oct 29 15:07:40 EST 2002

  > Hi,
  >
  > I'm running RH 7.2 and need to set up eth0 to use DHCP.  It didn't get
  > done at installation probably because the Ethernet card wasn't detected
  > properly (and I had to install the correct driver afterwards).  How do I
  > do it now?  All the HOW-TOs seem to be out of date.

There are probably prettier gui's out there for setting up the network on
redhat, but I use netconfig (/usr/sbin/netconfig, part of package
netconfig-0.8.11-7).

Steps:
1) start netconfig
2) Answer the questions (select the "Use dynamic IP configuration
(BOOTP/DHCP)" option)
3) Restart networking (`service network restart`)

Hope this helps,
Pat

--
Patricia Gaughen (gone at us.ibm.com)