[Techtalk] Wanted: Help in New Mexico

Alvin Goats agoats at compuserve.com
Tue Oct 29 15:03:42 EST 2002

I can't vouch for RedHat (I use Slackware, but I'm hard headed :) ). I
know it is a favorite for many people. Just pick one and stay with it a
few years.

Adding other software is not that hard. If she ever did anything with
MS-DOS, then linux is just as easy.

Doing some searching, and I do some REALLY FUZZY searching, I have:

Santa Fe Institute, Santa Fe, NM.  They are doing lots of things with
linux. You can contact the school and talk with one of the professors to
get some local contacts.

There is a listing for "Zumas Cafe", a cyber cafe that was usining
linux.
Ph:  505-820-2729, if it is still around.

I recommend doing some local web searches doing things like:

"santa fe" "new mexico" linux
"santa fe" "new mexico" linux "cyber cafe"
"santa fe" "new mexico" user group
"santa fe" "new mexico" computer
"santa fe" "new mexico" computing

This set gets a lot of non-linux info, but does tend to increase the
number of hits of linux than searching for linux alone. Even on google.
"santa fe" "new mexico" linux
"santa fe" "new mexico" linux
"santa fe" "new mexico" linux