[Techtalk] Wanted: Help in New Mexico

Wendell Cochran atrypa at eskimo.com
Tue Oct 29 11:21:25 EST 2002

Does anyone here live in the American Southwest, or have Linux contacts
there?

An old friend & long-ago colleague is living near Santa Fe, fed
up with WinDOSe, & contemplating Linux.

She's no geek, but neither does she fear hardware or software.

Mandrake, maybe.  Or Lycoris.  Or Lindows . . . .

Alas, I'm not proficient enough to help her enough, not from here in the
Northwest.

I've enquired at area LUGs & computer-science departments to no avail.
Few answered.  One or two did suggest that she haul her computer all
the way to night meetings in Albuquerque; that isn't practicable.

Now I hope to find a woman user of Linux in or near Santa Fe for a bit
of first-hand help.  Sure, a man would do -- if he's sympathetic to the
aims of this list.

Can anyone volunteer?  Recruit?  Advise?

Wendell Cochran
West Seattle

If I should have posted to newchix instead, please say so.