[Techtalk] ACLs on cisco switches

Jen B jenb at sdf.lonestar.org
Mon Oct 28 21:25:37 EST 2002

Quickish question,

I have a number of cisco 2900XL switches in production off-site.
I noticed that the version of IOS they are running appears to support
ACL's. I would like to set some rules for telnet access-is this do-able?

The manuals have gone missing and the only online docs I've been able to
find deal only with acl syntax. I can't seem to find a straight answer
about restricting access to the switch though. I don't have a spare
switch to play around with, so before I go mucking with production
hardware I just want to make sure I can put these kind of ACL's in place.

Thanks!

Jen

jenb at sdf.lonestar.org
jen at bitchoperatorfromhell.com