[Techtalk] Apache 2.0 opinions wanted!

Mary mary-linuxchix at puzzling.org
Tue Oct 22 06:49:56 EST 2002

On Mon, Oct 21, 2002, Carla Schroder wrote:
> Howdy,
>
> I'm looking for feedback and quotable nuggets on why you are, or are
> not, upgrading to apache 2.0. Fame awaits the pithy and informed. See
> your fabulous thoughts quoted on crossnodes.com.

I thought this would be useful for the list too:

I'm seriously considering upgrading. Because I'm Australian, I pay
oodles for my bandwidth (comparitively) and I like the idea of mod_gzip.
In fact, I like it so much that I want to use it more than Apache 1.3
will let me. I want to pipeline it with everything! Everything I tell
you!

Now if only SMTP could be compressed...

-Mary