StarOffice 5.1 to 6.0 (was Re: [Techtalk] Quirks of RH8)

Glenda R. Snodgrass grs at theneteffect.com
Sun Oct 20 19:19:52 EST 2002

> I have StarOffice 5.1 and the 'look and feel' issue of it is radically
> different to MS-Office. ApplixWare is much more familiar and thus I
> would recommend it to people being weaned off of MS. I have and use
> both.

You should try StarOffice 6.  It is -totally- different from 5x and
remarkably like MSOffice (from what I've been told).  While I used to use
Applix myself, and loved it, it now seems terribly limited to me after
using OpenOffice. I rarely open Applix now (except to export an old
spreadsheet into OO).

--
Glenda R. Snodgrass

Before you begin, consider ... The Net Effect
http://www.theneteffect.com
(251) 433-0196