[Techtalk] encrypting wavelan

Rebecca J. Walter rjp at mail.tele.dk
Thu Oct 17 21:07:19 EST 2002

I got myself a 3com wavelan base station and an apple wireless card for
my iBook.  We live out in the middle of nowhere, so  it is probably
safe, but to make sure we want to encrypt the connection.  I think this
is supposed to be possible.  Unfortunately, neither my husband nor I
have any clue how to go about doing this.  I think he knows how to make
the base station do it, but what do I need to do to set up my laptop to
work with this in Linux?  I am using the airport.o kernel module.  My
distro is currently a SuSE PPC 8.1 preview.  My kernel appears to be a
2.4.16.

Any advice you can give me would be greatly appreciated.  If more
information is needed, just tell me what you need to know about what.
Also feel free to direct me to appropriate manuals.

Thanks!
bex