[Techtalk] Re: OT but I'm desperate.... Windows....!

Wendell Cochran atrypa at eskimo.com
Thu Oct 17 09:45:36 EST 2002

On Wed, 2002-10-16 at 13:56, Michelle Howson wrote:

> Grrrrr.  Reading this, and what everyone else is saying, I think we've hit
> the nail on the head.  I live in an old building, and in my room I have
> just one power outlet.  Everything...everything...runs off that.

Maybe you should look at both your wall power & also the power supply in
your computer case.

I suspect that little surges & similar variations in electricity do
incremental damage -- adding up till a chip or expansion card goes
bad.  The cause of death may be not age but murder.

Hence I have 2 dedicated circuits for my computer equipment.  Even so,
one power supply failed me -- but as the PS came built into the case I
blamed minimal specifications, & for my next box bought a PS from PC
Power & Cooling (see Google).  I feel much safer than with another No
Name.

Wendell Cochran
West Seattle