[Techtalk] OT but I'm desperate.... Windows....!

Maria Blackmore mariab at cats.meow.at
Thu Oct 17 15:48:56 EST 2002

On Thu, 17 Oct 2002, Meredydd Luff wrote:
> As a temporary solution, why not be really kludgy and turn off the monitor
> when trying to print? I've never tried this myself, but I'm told that the
> monitor is one of the biggest power sinks in a computer, so maybe you want to
> try that route...

Except that monitors do not draw their power from the power supply inside
the computer, except possibly in iMacs.  In places where the monitor is
plugged into a socket on the power supply, this is just pass through mains
power.

It is true that a monitor is usually the most power hungry component of a
computer, however it is drawing its power from the mains, so doesn't
affect the computer

have fun :)

Maria