[Techtalk] NO Start

Andrew showork at adelphia.net
Tue Oct 15 21:14:09 EST 2002

Hi All,
	I am in a rut and have not figure out, a way out.
	On startup after a few lines of ok's I get...
	"Bringing up interface dummy0: tlan device does not seem to
be present, delaying dummy0 initialization"       Failed
Nextline: Bringing up eth1:

	There It just sits Stops hangs

	It is my intention to skip ethO, an on board chip I believe
it is not supported by Mandrake yet. That is not the issue. I need
help just getting past it (eth0) to eth1 a 3-com card.
	Using the CD as a rescue disk has not yet got me past this
hurdle. I am even using My old Mac to write this. Computer wise I am
in tough shape. Can anyone throw me a line??
--

	    Have a nice Day!,
		Andrew