[Techtalk] online kiss goodbye

Carlo Hamalainen ch at uqconnect.net
Tue Oct 15 08:27:46 EST 2002

On Sun, 13 Oct 2002, kansas_kennedy at phreaker.net wrote:
> Well, I can't seem to do anything online from Linux (RHL 7.3). Dialing from
> the dial-up configuration wizard on kde3, it says: can't resolve the pages
> (nor can check mails).

It sounds like you're getting online, but nothing works after that?

First step would be to check if you can ping anything. Find out what your
mailserver's IP address is (eg. "host mail.my-isp.com") and see if that
works. It may be just a DNS problem, which can be fixed via some file
in /etc which I can't remember at all right now.

-- Carlo