[Techtalk] {Techtalk] 3d acceleration in X

Mick Timony madra at gis.net
Fri Oct 4 18:22:38 EST 2002

Voodoo's are a line of cards produced by 3Dfx and are now dis-continued
and I believe no longer supported by the manufacturer. 3Dfx were bought
by NVidia* a few years ago, but the driver's are different, and the
NVidia driver's are only for:
GeForce, TNT, Quadro, Riva, and Dentonator's.

For the 3Dfx look at the 3Dfx HOWTO:
http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/3Dfx-HOWTO.html
Or look to see if your distro has info about how to use a 3Dfx card.

Is this a 2-head system?

*(3Dfx sued NVida for patent infrigment and NVida bought 3Dfx, which was
probably cheaper than paying the lawyers to go to court!).

Luck

Mick