[Techtalk] new spam thingy

Carla Schroder carla at bratgrrl.com
Thu Nov 21 13:37:24 EST 2002

On Thursday 21 November 2002 11:12, Nils Philippsen wrote:
> On Thu, 2002-11-21 at 19:30, Carla Schroder wrote:
> > Anyone know what this means? it's an email attachment, of course:
> >
> > com.cisco.nm.cmf.servlet
>
> Looks like the name of a Java package (especially when looking at
> 'servlet' :-). Though this needn't mean anything -- can you give any
> additional info?
>
> Nils

Can't tell you much, it looks like some kind of executable, I don't want to
test it. :)

The email says:

"Fw:look,my beautiful girl friend
From: GuitarMaster <GuitarMaster at hitsquad.com>
To: carla at bratgrrl.com

<HTML><HEAD></HEAD><BODY>
<iframe src=cid:H2GY7zNDpA height=0 width=0>
</iframe>
<FONT></FONT></BODY></HTML>"

There are two "com.cisco.nm.cmf.servlet" attachments, 92k and 52k. One empty
one named "Attachment: 2"

I've seen all kinds of ingenious executables, this one is new to me. Guess
I'll mosey over to Symantec and see what they have on it.

--
Carla Schroder