[Techtalk] Networking options

Megan Golding meggolding at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 17 12:30:23 EST 2002

--- arashi <arashi at nb.xdsl.ne.jp> wrote:
> We're trying to figure out ways to use ethernet without the cables
> getting in the way of closing the bedroom doors. We also need to
> keep the cables out of the dog's way - she'll put them out if she
> decides she doesn't like them trailing across the floor.  Can
> anyone suggest ways to hide the cables?  Or should we consider
> wireless or phoneline networking instead?

I'd suggest getting U-shaped tacks at the local home supply store.
Here in the US, I think they're used for roofing...anyhow, they're
about 3cm long and maybe 2cm wide, U-shaped. Run the cable along the
door jamb, up near the ceiling, and down the hall. Use tacks every
meter or so. This keeps the CAT 5 off the floor -- and out of the
dog's mouth :)

Meg

=====
Meg Golding    |    http://www.kalamitykat.com