[Techtalk] Re: Kudzu

John White John.White at Sun.COM
Fri Nov 8 10:37:00 EST 2002

Rebecca J. Walter wrote:

> So what is kudzu really and I am the only person who gets this sort of
> image from the name?

The first time I heard the term "kudzu" in a computer context, I assumed
it was a virus, given that it's taking over chunks of the southeastern
US, choking out trees and plants and, allegedly, sending probing
tendrils in search of small, defenseless animals. ;-)

Upon hearing that it was a legitimate piece of software, and getting
past my initial "You're joking!" reaction, I discovered that it is
especially useful for newer users, and well-behaved, unlike its namesake.

John