[Techtalk] Galeon and RH8 slooow

Carla Schroder carla at bratgrrl.com
Wed Nov 6 18:53:42 EST 2002

On Wednesday 06 November 2002 16:51, Glen Strom wrote:
> On Wed, 6 Nov 2002 14:23:45 -0800

,snip>
> > --
>
> Here are a few suggestions (they gushed out of my brain in no specific
> order).
>
> Since Galeon uses Gekko, perhaps you could try Mozilla to see if you
> have a similar problem.

Mozilla works fine n dandy.

> If it's not that, perhaps trying a newer, or older, version of Galeon
> might help.
>
> If you're using a source version of Galeon maybe there's a conflict with
> leftover bits and pieces of a previous version (for example, a config
> file in your home directory).
>
> If you're using a version of Galeon that you recently upgraded to, were
> there any new dependencies (libraries, etc) that could be causing a
> conflict?

New install, no old stuff cluttering up the joint. I've done one RH update,
which updated Galeon from 1.2.5 to 1.2.6.

I have not heard of anyone else having this problem, my Celeron box runs fine,
no glitches at all. I'm thinking it is probably something peculiar to this
machine, I'm stuck on how to figure it out. System logs show nothing, and
I've gazed at top until my eyeballs seized up. It is such a specific problem-
only switching desktops and apps. Maybe some weirdo X thing?

Good thoughts, no cigar. :)
--
Carla Schroder