[Techtalk] HELP:mounting from floppy and save file into floppy

linda ling lindaling at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 5 07:30:08 EST 2002

dear techtalk members,

    Hello everyone!i'm currently facing problem mounting my floppy.I've
tried a few commands as below but somehow it doesn't work:

1)mount /mnt/floppy
2)mount -t vfat /dev/fd0 /mnt/floppy
3)change etc/fstab file from    /dev/fd0    /mnt/floppy  ext2      to
                                /dev/fd0    /mnt/floppy   vfat

      Another problem is how do i compress a file and save it to floppy?I
wish to choose only specific file from a folder to be compressed and save it
into a floppy.Please Help.Thanks for anyone interested in my problem.Thank u
in advance for those willing to help.Thanks.

                                                       LINDA