[Techtalk] Problem updating critical security updates for RedHat 7.3

Caitlyn M. Martin cmartin at rateintegration.com
Mon Nov 4 15:26:09 EST 2002

On Mon, 2002-11-04 at 13:01, linda ling wrote:

>     Thank you very much for being so understanding.Your advice is very much
> appreciated.I'm so sorry for giving you trouble because i'm a newbies in
> Linux and i've started that for around 2 months.

No problem.  We were all newbies once, so we all understand.  Please
keep this onlist as others may be able to help you faster than I can.

>     I need follow your instruction but i was ask to enter file type.i type
> mount /mnt/floppy but got the above result.Please help.Thanks

Later on we can fix that permanently.  In the meanwhile the command you
want is:

mount -t vfat /dev/fd0 /mnt/floppy

That tells Linux that it's a DOS/Windows floppy and where to find the
drive.

You may really want to pick up a beginner's Linux book and do some
reading.  There are a number recommended on the LinuxChix site.  The
ones I know are out of date but I'm sure some people on list can give
you some recommendations.

Regards,
Cait
(who is still amused that someone felt strongly enough that LinuxChix is
only for gurus to put it into a HOWTO)