[Techtalk] understanding cdrecord

Hamster hamster at hamsternet.org
Sun Nov 3 19:05:36 EST 2002

Hi!

After becoming more and more disillusioned with the various graphical cd burning programmes out there, I decided to follow someones suggestion and try just using the command line cdrecord.

So I've read the man page, but I am afraid I am the none the wiser as to how to burn my .iso image.

For example, the man page has taught me that with the -pad option "15 sectors of zeroed data will be added to the end of this and each  subsequent  data  track".

I mean thats just wonderful. But what does it *mean*? How do I know if I need to use the -pad option for burning my image?

My two questions to the list are:

1) Do I need the -pad option to burn an .iso image?

2) Where can I find out more info as to this whole burning business? Like what do all these options mean, and how do I know if I need to use them or not?

Thanks for any enlightenment...

Hamster