[Techtalk] lilo in partion not MBR

Kai MacTane kmactane at GothPunk.com
Thu May 23 14:29:51 EST 2002

At 5/23/02 12:36 PM , Malcolm-Rannirl wrote:

>Lilo runs and claims to install fine (even with -v). It appears to have
>installed in the first 1024  cylinders as required. However on boot, it gets
>to "LI" and hangs.

I assume you already ran lilo from the command prompt to get it to update
its map file? Usually when I see just "LI", I go "Oh, right, need to re-run
lilo from to command line!"

                                                 --Kai MacTane
"When the clouds pull apart/And the Moon changes phases,
  In the quiet, secret places/Are you there? Are you there?"
                                                 --Concrete Blonde,
                                                  "Darkening of the
                                                   Light"