[Techtalk] File Sharing in Linux

jennyw jennyw at dangerousideas.com
Thu May 16 07:49:44 EST 2002

A lot of options ...

Since you have Samba installed, you can use smbmount on the other machine
to mount a drive. That's probably easiest.

Also, if you have ssh (client and server) installed on the servers and
only need to copy files occasionally, it might be convenient to use scp
(as in scp file user at othermachine:destination).

There are other options, too, but these are the least complicated, I
think.

Jen