[Techtalk] you're welcome!! re: ibm thinkpad 600E wifi

Tabatha Persad tabatha3 at attbi.com
Thu May 9 17:05:46 EST 2002

Glad to hear that!

I was reading your posts regarding the size of your kernel, and questions you
had about getting that down to a smaller size.

Since I'm a big believer in passing on the fishing rod rather than a fish
dinner, and since I know a great place for straightforward information on
your kernel, I wanted to pass on:
http://www.linuxnewbie.org/nhf/intel/compiling/index.html

When I first installed Mandrake 8.1 and had an issue with an onboard sound
card, I had to do the exact same thing, and these documents were the ones
that got me successfully through it all.  I should add, the first attempt was
3 months after I first installed Linux back in the spring of 2000, and the
above link is STILL the one I follow when I mess with my kernel!

Give a shout if I can help with anything else!

Tab