[Techtalk] Question regarding rsh

Laurel Fan laurel at sdf.lonestar.org
Wed May 1 10:09:58 EST 2002

On Wed, May 01, 2002 at 02:48:24PM +0100, Ceri wrote:
> I am trying to set up CVS for version control.  The configuration I am
> trying to use has a windows client talking to a cvs server which
> is running Redhat 7.1.
> I understand that cvs uses rsh to connect between client and server.  I
> do not appear to be able to connect into the server via rsh.

Are you sure you want to use rsh?  ssh would be a lot more secure (and
possibly easier to set up.  Search for "cvs ssh windows howto" on
google).

If you want to stick with rsh, I would recommend checking the logs on
the cvs server machine for any error messages that would help (most
likely some file in /var/log. I would look in /var/log/messages,
var/log/syslog, /var/log/daemon.log, and /var/log/auth.log, but your
system may be different).

laurel at sdf.lonestar.org
http://dreadnought.gorgorg.org