[Techtalk] undeletable files

Walt pippin at freeshell.org
Tue Mar 26 12:16:17 EST 2002

*sigh*

System hacked.

DDOS program installed and activating on boot.
Modified system files dropped my firewall.

First tip off was SSH stopped working.

Now, after the server is mostly recovered,
I have two files that I cannot delete or replace
as root with rm -f. /usr/sbin/sshd and
/etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit. It merely tells me that I
don't have permission and can't unlink the file.

How do I delete a file that I can't delete??

Thanks!
Walt

-~

     A scientist deduces a relationship that fits the facts and
     calls it a theory;  an idealist suggests a relationship among
     facts and calls it a vision; an ideologue demands that you accept
     his conjectures without regard to the facts and calls them
     revealed truth.  A theory is sustained by experiment, an ideal
     by philosophy, and an ideology by a secret police.
                         Charles J.C. Lyall