[Techtalk] More Squid

James james at james-web.net
Mon Mar 18 17:20:57 EST 2002

Nope, no pattern to when it cuts off or for how long or what pages.

I did try tcpdump, but I didn't find anything interesting that I could
tell.  It did seem as almost if the workstation stopped talking to the
proxy, but I'm not 100% sure if that is true (I mean, if no requests are
"working" there is going to be significantly less traffic).  I could
however launch a ping and then see traffic again, so it wasn't as if the
workstation was blocked off.

I thought maybe it was a DNS issue for the Squid box (unable to keep
doing lookups?), so I tried a plethora of DNS servers: Our local one,
our upstream's and the local major ISP's.  None really seemed to resolve
the issue.

- James