[Techtalk] W2k NTFS and RHL 7.0

Carla Schroder carla at bratgrrl.com
Sun Mar 17 19:55:32 EST 2002

On Wednesday 13 March 2002 11:03 am, phiber2001 wrote:
> Well, according to http://home.nyc.rr.com/computertaijutsu/lilo.html
>
> I tried to dual boot RedHat Linux 7.0 along with Windows 2000 Professional
> NTFS. Everything went absolutely fine. When I reboot it gives two options
> as Windows 2000 and Linux. But when I want to boot from linux the screen
> goes blank with only a cursor blinking and nothing happens. But when I go
> for the option of booting for Win2000, windows boots fine. Then again when
> I put the LILO Floppy it starts Linux Loader from the floppy. But all I
> want is to boot from the HDD according to the
> above-mentioned  link. But I don't know what mistake I made. Or it is that
> I simply can't dual boot NTFS and ext2.

The most surefire way I know to do this is let dommed Winderz own the
bootloader, and boot Linux from a floppy disk. Some people tell me they
dual-boot Win2000 just fine! No sweat! Well I've had nothing but trouble, so
who knows. I just know that using a Linux boot floppy works.

--
Carla Schroder, ace PC goddess