[Techtalk] Java SDK on Red Hat

/dev/null dev_null at iriXx.org
Mon Jun 17 18:00:48 EST 2002

hi, pat the microsoft certified flying rhinoceros!!! i like it :-)))

nope you're not a total idiot, its a bit bizarre, i had to look up the
Java SDK install too...

it usually comes as a binary in the form of a command line install
wizard... so you unzip the binary you've downloaded, cd to that
directory and then type ./ and the name of whatever the binary is that
you find in there... its usually something like

./java-1.3-sdk-installer.bin

except i made that up, cant rememeber the name right now, its a while
since i did it...

its possible it doesnt come zipped, in which case if its just a binary
(and i seem to rememeber it ends in .bin) just do the step above... :-)

hope that helps

bw
miriam