[Techtalk] Default browser for Kmail

Tabatha Persad tabatha3 at attbi.com
Sat Jun 15 01:49:53 EST 2002

Hi there everyone,

I am having some difficulty opening links in Kmail.  It seems that
when I've first logged on, it'll open one or two, and then it doesn't
want to anymore.  A small window pops up with a loading - progress
window, but at that point, no browser window opens.

I did a ps -aux and found that I had about 6 konqueror-sessions
running, so I killed them, and when I click on a link, it says along
the status bar of Kmail that it's opening URL, but again, nothing
happens, and there is now no processes running for Konqueror.  I even
tried exiting Kmail and restarting it but of course that didn't work.

Usually the browser of choice has automatically defaulted to
Konqueror.  I went into the Kmail settings and could not find
anything on choosing a default browser.  I can't figure out either
why the sessions get stuck in the first place.  (I run Kmail 1.3.1
using KDE 2.2.1 in Mandrake 8.1).

I wondered if anyone might know the solution to making Konqueror, or
even Mozilla open when a link from email is clicked on, or what might
be preventing the browser from opening.  I'm hoping this isn't one of
those right-under-your-nose ones, but what the heck, HELP! hehehe

Thanks!

--
Tabatha Persad
Web: http://www.merlinmonroe.com