[Techtalk] re: domain name problem

Rick Harwood harwoor at comcast.net
Wed Jun 12 15:03:39 EST 2002

First off, I would like to thank all of the people that have tried to help
with this problem of the workgroup name being "arbeitsgruppe".  I finally
located the source of the problem doing a 'grep' search on "arbeitsgruppe".
 I found the reference in /etc/samba/smb.conf.  I am used to smb.conf being
in /etc, as it is on my SuSE 7.3 and prior machines.  Apparently, the SuSE
people have decided to put it in its own samba directory under /etc rather
than just keep it in /etc.  I was not aware originally that I had multiple
smb.conf files and thought that I was only dealing with the one in /etc.

Thanks again and the problem has been solved.

-Rick Harwood