[Techtalk] domain name problem

Helen Rosseau hrosseau at vistar.ca
Wed Jun 12 09:11:07 EST 2002

Start Swat and then you can use the gui interface to change your samba
domain name.  Open your browser and point it at localhost:901  this will
prompt you for a user and password.  Use root until you make changes.

The other way is to edit the smb.conf file

/etc/samba/smb.conf
# Global parameters
[global]
         workgroup = Workgroup name
         netbios name = PETUNIA
         security = SHARE
         map to guest = Bad User
         keepalive = 30
         os level = 2
         preferred master = False
         domain master = False
         wins server = x.x.x.x
         kernel oplocks = No

	I also found out the hard way, if you are on an improperly configured NT
environment - make sure you change the preferred master and domain
master to false from auto.  You may end up taking over as domain master.

Helen