[Techtalk] More PHP Tutorial links

E. Sterling Wall sterling at sumgai.co.uk
Mon Jun 10 18:16:50 EST 2002

I'm both a Perl hacker and a PHP hacker, but for plain ol' ease of use
and shallow learning curves, I'd say go for PHP. Here are a couple of
links I use constantly to help me out:

http://www.devshed.com

http://www.phpbuilder.com

Also, once you get started on either of these two, you will find that
lots of stuff that you want to do have already been written in
openSource apps. I'm a strong believer in improving existing wheels
instead of building new ones whenever possible. SO, if you've got a bit
of PHP skill, and want to, say, manage your MySQL server from a Web
front end, get PHPMyAdmin. Then, as you find things about the app you
hate or just wish were different, poke your nose in the code and start
messing with it.

(Of course, that also gives you the advantage of having lots of
ready-made examples of code by more experienced programmers to help you
on your way!!)

Hope that helps!

-- sterling

Sumgai Technology