[Techtalk] evolution frustrations

Michelle Murrain tech at murrain.net
Fri Jun 7 21:16:08 EST 2002

I've been struggling for 2 days to get Ximian Gnome and evolution to
install and work. I'm starting with a clean Mandrake 8.0 install. I ran
into trouble with the gnome components in Mandrake, so I started again,
installing no gnome components.

My problem now is that I can get evolution to run, but 2 things happen.
First, I get the error: "could not open
'/home/mpm/evolution/local/Calendar/calendar.ics' no items from the
calendar folder will be migrated into the tasks folder.

Then, when I try to compose a new message, it says "the Evolution component
that handles folders of type "mail" has unexpectedly quit. You will need to
quit and restart Evolution in order to access that data again.

I had an old evolution folder (I'd set it up previously in a different
distro) in my home directory - I got rid of that, and the problem persists.

I can't find anything about either of these problems in the ximian
knowledge base.

Suggestions, Ideas?

.Michelle

Michelle Murrain