Kernel terror (Re: [Techtalk] mysterious system halts - how to prevent/fix/detect?)

Mary linuxchix at puzzling.org
Wed Jun 5 23:17:30 EST 2002

On Wed, Jun 05, 2002 at 06:00:51AM -0700, Julie Meloni wrote:
> M> Mind you, if you haven't compiled a new kernel for that machine,
> M> and it stayed up for 8 months with only 1 reboot, then it is
> M> unlikely to be the kernel...
>
> Yeah.... :(
>
> I'm pretty much terrified by kernels, so I haven't touched it.

It's been a while since it was last advertised, but any women interested
in kernels, from the terror stage on up, might want to consider joining
the grrls-only mailing list at
http://mailman.linuxchix.org/mailman/listinfo/grrls-only since we have a
kernel mentor on that list (in fact, it might be a good place for this
question if noone can help you here - although there are lots of
knowledgable people here too ;) )

The courses on kernels are at
http://www.linuxchix.org/content/courses/kernel_hacking/

-Mary.