Truly discouraged Re: [Techtalk] Lost my place in kernel space,

Andrew showork at adelphia.net
Wed Jul 31 03:13:38 EST 2002

>It's unclear to me from the rest of this thread what exact commands you
>have typed; I think I have missed some mails in it or you have short
>circuited some of the explanation.
(Yes I did shorten the explanation)
>  The normal process is
>
>	make menuconfig (or make config or make xconfig)
>	make depend
>	make bzImage
>	make modules
>	make modules_install
>
>At that point, the modules are installed and the kernel image is
>arch/i386/boot/bzImage as somebody else mentioned.

	Did all the above!
	This is where I get lost. Some how to's direct linking, some
copying. In one attempt I did mrproper last, so, bzImage was lost and
I kept geting file does not exist or not found.

	OK now, if file is named "linux-2.4.18ajs"  is that the name
I put in lilo?  Also all I was finding is 'vmlinux*'.

	I hope the light breaks through my head soon, Your
suggestions are helping so far.

--

	    Have a nice Day!,
		Andrew