[Techtalk] Poll: who uses Linux in a business setting

ellie ellie at mn.rr.com
Fri Jul 26 13:27:25 EST 2002

I am between jobs and training for a new one.  At my previous place of employment (an academic situation),  I used Linux for:

3 Samba/Netatalk servers
3 Squid/squidGuard web cache servers & filters
1 Web server
1 Mail server

At my next job I will have only one server to mind, a web server, but I am required to use NT on that one.

At home I use Linux as both a workstation (when I have access to that machine) and as a mail server.  While my oldest son dislikes Linux because he is all about online gaming, my younger children love Linux for playing Frozen-Bubble and Tux Racer.  :-)

Ellie